One of firefox features is that when typing a partial URL into the URL field (URL or location bar), Firefox will automatically contact Google's search engine to find and provide search answers. This work fine till one of your computer users download the Yahoo search add-ons, which makes Yahoo Search! default Firefox search without being aware or alerted about that. So if we have the Yahoo add-on and we will type a key word (or partial Web address), we will not go straight to the Google search but instead we will see Yahoo Search results.
We will change this back following next steps:
- Open a new Firefox tab.
- Into url field write about:config.
- Agree with the "I Will Be Careful" button.
- Search or scroll to find out "keyword.URL".
- Make a right-click on the "keyword.URL" and select "Reset" from the drop-down menu.
- Setting will go back to the default state, i.e. using Google search.
More about Firefox keyword.URL at the Knowledge base.