Sometimes is usefull to save interesting files for later usage, which have been found during browsing. In a case if we are moving among several computers, there is usefull to utilize one of available cloud storage services, here GooglDocs. So how to save a file, for example PDF one, just opened in our browser to the GoogleDocs service? Maybe there are several ways, but one of them is to print the file from the broswer to the GoogleDocs cloud. This feature is available for the Chrome web browser and we should enable it in a just few steps. First we have to add google cloud print service, the original google tutorial is saying, that we have to follow these steps:
- Log in to your user account on the Windows, Mac, or Linux computer.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click the Show advanced settings link.
- Scroll down to the “Google Cloud Print” section. Click Sign in to Google Cloud Print.
- In the window that appears, sign in with your Google Account to enable the Google Cloud Print connector.
- Select the printers you want to connect, and then click Add printer(s).
- You’ll see a confirmation that Google Cloud Print has been enabled. Click Manage your printers to learn more.
- The printer is now associated with your Google Account and connected to Google Cloud Print. You can print to this printer using Google Cloud Print whenever you’re signed in with the same Google Account.
Once the priner is associated, we may use it. So, if we have open an PDF file inside of the chrome browser now, which we would like to upload to GoogleDocs, just click on the Chorme menu toolbar, choose print, and then change the Print target from a local printer to the GoogleDocs service, and Print it. That is all.
The file will be uploaded into our Google Docs, where we may immediately find it.